Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Defamation  (Read 1731 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline richa921sharma

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
« on: June 04, 2014, 11:16:53 PM »
I had been using facebook before my marriage. Now, my id and password was asked by my fiance and I gave it to him, without hesitation. After a few days of Marriage, I got to know from my Brother in law, that somebody with the name of Preity Sharma( don't remember exactly), wrote a message to his wife (Brother in law's wife), stating that I have had affairs before marriage, and that I dumped so many boys. The message was full of pathetic words, which was a straight attack on my character.
My brother in law gave me the id and password of his wife,so that I could read it. When I tried to go to that person's page who had written such things for me, I discovered that the account was deleted.
He told me not to tell about it to my husband, however, in good faith I gave the details to him, telling him the password and id.
After a lot of discussion on this, my husband made ,me swear on him that what was written was incorrect, the matter closed. It has been more than 1.5 years now.
I and my parents did not pay much heed since the id where that message had come from was deleted. We did not want to get into police matter,so we ignored thinking that everything is fine.
But, with time, my husband and his mother kept repeating that incident, whenever, I complaint about anything. It seemed to have been a weapon for them. Last time, when I was facing serious issues in marriage, my brother in law contacted one of my friends asking him about my character. Besides, my husband was found using my facebook id, which he made me delete just after marriage. My friend gave me a call and told me that she saw me online. Since, I had deleted my id, it was not possible for me to believe. But then, on asking, My husband confessed that he did activate my id, to find things about me.
All this has disturbed me a lot, and now, I have emotionally become weak, as my character is being questioned time and again, despite of the fact that I had clearly said that if he is not trusting me, he can leave me.
But he didn't do it then.
Now, after facing domestic violence, and emotional  torture, I have returned to my family. And he and his family members are trying to use that matter as a mean of assassinating my character.

What should I do.

Offline advocate-lyngdoh

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 192
  • Karma: +5/-1
  • Member of Shillong Bar Association
    • View Profile
Re: Defamation
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 12:06:47 AM »
What you did before marriage or didnt do before marriage has no legal signifance.

hence your husband cannot use it as a tool yo harras you. So you have no fear.

now regarding character assassination, you have a very good case, you can go to court to clear the name.

which city are u based in.
Advocate Lyngdoh
Laitumkhrah, Shillong

Offline richa921sharma

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Defamation
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 12:28:23 AM »
I was in Mumbai earlier, where I was staying with my husband, his younger brother, and his mother. Now, that the issues have grown up to extreme, I am with my parents, in Gujrat (Himatnagar)


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India