Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Cheque Bounce (Very Urgent)  (Read 1492 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Vishal.joshi

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Cheque Bounce (Very Urgent)
« on: July 01, 2014, 07:03:42 AM »
Hello All,
My brother gave multiple cheques to some ppl and he took money to invest in share market. Eventually he lost that money in share market. Its been now 3 years those ppl were waiting and now fed up. They filed a complaint against my brother and my father. My father does not have any signatures on any contract nor given any cheques. Still they made a case against my father. Now they are threatening to me and my family to pay their money. I work in IT firm and I earn well enough to take care of my family but not enough to pay them.
1. Let me know if they can file a case against me in court? If yes what should i do?
2. Will case against me stand in court if I hire a lawyer? As I dont have anything to do with my brother's business.
3. What will happen to my father as he is not guilty?
4. How much jail time will be given to my brother if he found guilty which he is?
5. Can I file a defamation case against them as they tried to pull me into their matter as I am only earning person in my familty? What is the procedure for it?
6. Will I able  to file for US visa even if they file a case against me in court?

Please let me your comments as this is very urgent matter.

Offline advlaxmanadvani

  • Professional legal Expert
  • ***
  • Posts: 75
  • Karma: +3/-5
  • Advocate laxman Advani from Ahmedabad
    • View Profile
Re: Cheque Bounce (Very Urgent)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 04:28:17 AM »
The money was paid to your brother hence he will be solely responsible to pay for it, neither you nor your father can be made party to it.

you file an application in court to get your father and your name out of the case as you have no liability for the acts done by your brother
Advocate laxman Advani
 Ahmedabad legal Practitioner

Offline Philip1234

  • Jr. Legal Expert
  • **
  • Posts: 24
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Cheque Bounce (Very Urgent)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 09:28:50 PM »
I agree with advocate laxman advani that Since the money was paid to your brother hence he is responsible for paying this , you and your father are not responsible .


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India