Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: property rights of daugther  (Read 1231 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sudipta

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
property rights of daugther
« on: July 02, 2014, 02:24:42 AM »
I am 41yrs old, married and only child of my parents. For the past 3 years, my mother is suffering from dementia. However, since she was in service she has substantial property of her own and also bank locker in her name.
Since her illness, my father used to forge her signature to withdraw her pension, MIS, do small bank dealings of her account etc. I knew but never objected since my momís illness required lot of money regularly.
Before her illness, my mother made a will giving all her movable and immovable property in my name (with my aunt, her elder sister as witness).
She also made her single bank account joint with me (however, the locker was not made joint)
Recently, I have come to know that my father plans to remove my name from the joint account with my mother and include his own name. He also plans to make the locker joint holder by including his name. He plans to do this by forging my momís signature again (submitting a letter to the bank wherein my mom asks the manager to include my father (her husbandís) name in both the account and the locker)

How should I confront him and what are my legal options?

Offline advocate-lyngdoh

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 197
  • Karma: +5/-1
  • Member of Shillong Bar Association
    • View Profile
Re: property rights of daugther
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 09:15:46 PM »
Your mother is still alive, she can make her wish amply clear herself, in the presence of a doctor as witness. As for forgery of signature is a serious offence can you prove it
Advocate Lyngdoh
Laitumkhrah, Shillong

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: property rights of daugther
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 09:15:46 PM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India