Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Query about Dowry law  (Read 2392 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline nitinsharma2508

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Query about Dowry law
« on: July 03, 2014, 05:10:30 AM »
Hi My name is Nitin and I am 33 years old. Its been 5 years that I have married and from 5 years I am not staying with my wife. For some time she lived with my parents and now she has shifted to her own house with her parents. I want to give her divorce and trying that from last 5 years but she is not ready to give me divorce at any cost. Also, she and her parents are threatening me that either keep her with yourself otherwise they will put false dowry case  and domestic violence case on us. I am very worried. I want to confirm that in the time of marriage they have given us some cash and also taken photographs while giving cash. So is that also considered as dowry because that has been 5 years back and she has taken all her things back to her house like gold and all. And from them we have never asked anything from them. They are also tracking my phone no and if I talk to any of my female colleague they say that they will put extra marital affair case on me. I am so scared..and is like hell these days..I also wanted to live with peace . Till the time I was alone things were ok but now they are forcing to take her cak with me otherwise they will falsse case what should do...I am like traped.

Offline advRanjithRajagopal

  • Sr. Legal Expert
  • ****
  • Posts: 108
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • adv.Ranjith Rajagopal
    • View Profile
Re: Query about Dowry law
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 02:47:37 AM »
after 7 years of marriage dowry case does not stand in the court of law.

can you wait for two more years before proceeding in legal matters.

secondly if she has left you that means its desertion, in desertion wife is not entitled to maintenance.

your case is not that bad, because a considerable time has lasped and she did not make any complaints on you this will work in your favour.

I suggest you be cool for two more years and let the law turn to your favour before you act
adv.Ranjith Rajagopal

Offline sunnyj

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Query about Dowry law
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 12:48:11 PM »
Hi ,

I am  also  sailing on similar kind of boat ..

My wife  filed  498A after 8.6 years . We got marries in Nov 2005. and I have two kids

 Currently i am in USA . When i got the US opportunity( June'2012) she was carrying  about to enter into 8 th month . Doctors suggested not to travel so she promissed me that she will join me  after  deliver may be in 4 months time .

Later on she got the govt job. Later she was forcing me to  get the passport and visa for newly born child as soon as possible. I did the needful within 2 months time .

After that i travelled to India to bring them to USA .  They house arrested me and beat me  and she refused to come along with me to USA . Then i travelled back  to US alone  . This happended in the month of April'13 .

Now she filed false 498A case against me , my father & mother  ( sr citizens) .  My father got arrested  and he was jailed for 3 days . Now he is out on Bail .

Since June 2012 June i  sent  her around 2.5 lakh rupees and and also she withdrawed an addtional amount of 75,000 rs from my savings acccount . Not only that She  misused my creadit card and did  plenty of transactions for rs 92,000  by forgering my signature .

Please suggest me now how do i proceed further on this . 


Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India