Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Little complicated ancestral property  (Read 1109 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline business321

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Little complicated ancestral property
« on: July 06, 2014, 07:43:46 AM »
My Grandmother acquired a house from her father in the year 1940, which was then acquired by my father (1/2 share) and his brother (1/2 share)after her death (1968).  My father paid some money to his brother and bought his share.  He then registered a will in the year 2000, which says, the entire house will go to my brother after my father's death.
Now both my father and mother passed away. Can I claim any share in the 1/2 share that my father inherited from his mother?
(I'm married in the year 1977, state:Tamil nadu)

 Somebody told me, i will have legal rights in the property, only if my father receives it from his father and not from his mother.
Since the property came from his mother,  my father can give it to anybody he wishes to.
Is that true?

My mother has left some deposits before her death and I'm the nominee for some of those deposits. Can my brother claim his share from the deposits?

My brother took possession of the above mentioned deposit certificate after my mother's death, he wanted us to sign in a 20Rs stamp paper, which says, "we  are receiving so much money and jewels from my brother and we don't have to receive anything from them after this", though they didn't mention anything about the house in the stamp paper, they are saying, they are getting our signature, only for the house.
If we sign the document, are we waiving our legal rights in the house?

Banks are not giving the money without the original deposit certificate.
Is there a way to get our original deposit certificate from my brother? or to receive money from the banks with out those certificates? We already lost interest for 3 years!

Offline business321

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Little complicated ancestral property
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 10:02:22 AM »
Can somebody answer my question please!


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India