Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

Author Topic: Warranty claim.. whom to contact  (Read 879 times)

Offline mailmeysrawat

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Warranty claim.. whom to contact
« on: July 06, 2014, 12:33:44 PM »
I recently bought a Fiat Punto Car on 31March 2014. The tyres on the car are Good Year Duraplus. One of the front tyre of the car was dammaged. The tyre was rendered irreparable as the wall of the tyre got holes.
I visited Fiat service and was told that I need to claim for insurance and would get 50% of the cost of the tyre. I calculated and found that buying a new tyre would be cost effective. (50% cost + insurance fee + no claim bonus + two days in service center).

I went and bought a new tyre Good Year, however a different model.  The tyre dealer informed me that the tyre model that came with the  car comes with a warranty called WFS (worry free warranty).  In the warranty, wall damage is also covered and Good Year replaces the tyre after deduction on the tyre usage.

When I contacted Good Year. A engineer from Good Year visited and checked the tyre. He rejected the tyre with the comment, "No manufacturing defect."

However, the engineer informed me that if I had purchased the tyre from a tyre dealer, I would have got the tyre replaced.

My question is, if a product is available in market. Do different warranty poilcy apply on the product, if  purchased from different sources?
As when i contacted Fiat they directed me to Good Year and they informed that its a promotional offer and not vaild on OE products on the car.

Offline advocate-lyngdoh

• Veteran at Law
  • Member of Shillong Bar Association
    • View Profile
Re: Warranty claim.. whom to contact
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 09:33:18 PM »
Take this matter up in consumer forum. You do have a genuine case
Advocate Lyngdoh
Laitumkhrah, Shillong

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India