Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Grandfather's property dispute - No Will  (Read 1563 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline maasupian

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Grandfather's property dispute - No Will
« on: July 07, 2014, 02:11:07 PM »
Hi, Firstly my thanks to all the lawyers providing help through this forum.
My Grandfather earned all his property by himself and no ancestral property involved. He has 2 sons and 2 daughters and my mother is one of the daughters. My grandfather died around 18 years ago and he did NOT make any "Will" whatsoever. However, within 2-3 years after my grandfather's demise the 2 brothers together allocated around 10% of the total value of his property to be split between the sisters, ie., 5% per sister and forced the sisters into signing some sort of a property agreement. However, The rest of the 90% of the property is still NOT split up between the brothers till date. Today my mother and sister feel they are cheated and want to get their fair share. Is it still possible to pursue fair share of their property in the court of law even though they might have signed on some sort of a mutual property agreement document? Is it possible to get a stay order on splitting of the property between the brothers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and I can provide more details if required.

Offline advcaroltripathi

  • Professional legal Expert
  • ***
  • Posts: 90
  • Karma: +1/-4
  • Adv Carol Tripathi
    • View Profile
Re: Grandfather's property dispute - No Will
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 08:15:18 PM »
The sisters have already made a settlement on paper now after a considerable amount to time spent, they wish to challenge it.

this will be an uphill task they have to provide a very strong reason for condonation of delay, for the case itself to be entertained by the court, that itself will be a big task.

getting anything out of it will be very difficult, but one must try
Adv Carol Tripathi
Experts in Woman Harassment and Sexual Assault -
An Experienced Lawyer, a Dedicated Staff, a Place
Where Your Voice Will be Heard

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India