Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Society Asking Me For a Higher Maintenance Charge As My Flat on Rent in Ahmedaba  (Read 1890 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline kanad_b

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Housing Society of a Multistory Appartment Complex in Ahmedabad , Gujarat charging me Maintenance Charges at a much higher rate than normal .. The society comprising mostly of Gujaratis have been charging me the standard rate since 1991 when I had purchased the flat from the builders. I had like many other people given out my flat on rent from time-to-time . Maintenance charges were always the same for all flats. For the last few years it used to be Rs800/- per month.
A new Chairman and other office bearers came on board for the society in May 2014 wherein they decided that the flats which were on rent would have to pay higher maintenance charges fixed at Rs3000/- per month! For the rest of the tenants the maintenance charges remained unchanged at Rs800/- per month.
This decision was telephonically conveyed to me, the flat owner who has given out his flat on rent since June 2014. No written letter from the society has been given to me and  yet I have been asked to pay maintenance dues at Rs3000/- per month for June, July 2014 and earlier arrears also at Rs3000/- per month
Question : is it legal ? Is it fair to do so? What should I do?
I think systematically the Society discourages renting out of flats.. In the month of Jan 2014 they said only families will be allowed as tenants..Bachelors are not permitted. again there are no written instructions!
Also , I think the society wants all non Gujaratis to leave the building.

Offline advmisthi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 227
  • Karma: +16/-3
  • Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
    • View Profile
You should send a legal notice
Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
I am here to help, Shoot your legal problem to me, I promise I will help

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India