Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Get divorce in USA? Marriage took place in India.  (Read 1750 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline aaaatobbbb

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Get divorce in USA? Marriage took place in India.
« on: August 09, 2014, 05:24:20 PM »
I got married in November 2013 in India to my wife and also got the marriage registered with sub-registrar. I live in Maryland in USA. She came and lived with me till April 2014, after which she went back to India. We are having differences and I do not think she is interested in this marriage. But, neither of us has filed for a divorce yet.

I am a student here and live on a monthly stipend. She came here as a dependent on a F2 visa and was not allowed to work legally in USA. Now here are my questions:
1. Can I file a divorce in Maryland, USA?
2. If I file a divorce in US, will she have to travel to USA for court case settlement?
3. If they or I file a divorce in India, will I have to go to court for hearings in India? Or can I only have my representative to attend court for me?
4. If I file a divorce, will I have to give any alimony to her? If so, how much will it be?
Thank You.

Offline advmisthi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 227
  • Karma: +16/-3
  • Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
    • View Profile
Re: Get divorce in USA? Marriage took place in India.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 08:09:29 PM »
You have to file in India.
whether you both agree to divorce mutually or will it be contested, will depend on rest of the answers for the other queries
Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
I am here to help, Shoot your legal problem to me, I promise I will help

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India