Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Landlord asking to vacate a room which is in name of my deceased grandfather  (Read 1201 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline shrenikk

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile

There are 2 rooms (not a flat but individual rooms) in the building where we used to stay earlier. These are on rent basis. Now we are staying in a owned flat. No one stays in those 2 rooms. One room in name of my father and other in name of my grandfather. Rent was being paid separately for both the 2 rooms and two separate rent receipts were being issued by the landlord, in name of my father and grandfather respectively. My grandfather died in 2009. We dint get the name transferred for the room which was in his name. We continued paying rent and rent receipts were issued as earlier. In 2012 (Feb) the building was sold. The new landlord started trying ways and means to get the rooms vacated from many. Upon getting to know that one of our rooms was in grandfathers name who had already died, he asked us to vacate the room.My father gave a letter to the new landlord asking him to transfer the name from my grandfather to him. My father has 3 brothers and this letter was duly signed by all three of them stating no objection. The new landlord did not even accepted the rent and we tried sending it through money order which he refused to accept and hence returned it. Than onwards we started depositing rent through rent control route. Now in May 2014 (i.e 5 years post death of my grandfather, and 2 years post his taking the ownership of the building), the landlord sent a letter through its lawyer, asking to vacate the room which is name of my grandfather. Please advice what can be done here. Just to inform that no one stays in either of the 2 rooms - we have electricity connection in both the rooms and get 1 single electricity bill in name of my father - we keep on visiting both the rooms for necessary cleaning activities etc - there are almirahs, beds etc lying in the rooms..

Offline advabdul

  • Sr. Legal Expert
  • ****
  • Posts: 109
  • Karma: +4/-1
  • Muslim law Advisor
    • View Profile
pls clarify you are the tenant, and the landlord is someone else.
than who is your grandfather and father in relation to the property
Advocate Abdul
I am Muslim law Advisor

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India