Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Advice needed for "restitution of Congidual Rights" case  (Read 1618 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline kailash

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Advice needed for "restitution of Congidual Rights" case
« on: September 16, 2014, 09:21:44 AM »
I got married in 2004. My Wife had epilepsy which was hidden from me and i was made to believe that she is healthy.
The marriage was not consummated & i sent her back saying that she had epilepsy.
After about 2 years - I got notice from Family Court and Subsequently, I lost the case and the "Wife's"
Case for restitution of Congidual Rights was upheld.

Now, I filed a appeal in the high court and Now, after 8 odd years - The case has come up for final hearing
What are my chances in this case.

Will the wife right for restitution of Congidual Rights will be upheld.

Also, How much is a reasonable compensation (One time payment) to be paid to the wife.
I make around 25K/month.

I need some advice here.

Offline advRanjithRajagopal

  • Sr. Legal Expert
  • ****
  • Posts: 108
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • adv.Ranjith Rajagopal
    • View Profile
No court in the world can force you to cohabit with your wife
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 03:57:36 AM »
we do not know what was your lawyers approach in this case.

but you made a very big mistake when you got to know about concealment you should have been the first to file, that was foolish of you.

in family matters it is a complete discretion of the court what it feels reasonable it will pronounce, so how your lawyer prepared the defense will determine your fate.

now one thing is sure no court in the world can force you to cohabit, it can only advise you not force you.

regarding maintenance court will decide what is reasonable
adv.Ranjith Rajagopal

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India