Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

Author Topic: Land in mother's name and loan taken in son's name for construction  (Read 1379 times)

Offline btharabai

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile

My husband has a elder brother and a elder sister. There is a land in my mother-in-law's name. As per my father-in-law's advice, my husband and his brother availed a housing loan and constructed the house in that land. Now they are not ready to transfer the property or write a note of will, stating the future ownership of the property. My husband invested around 5 lakhs and availed a loan of around 17 lakhs. That property had been rented out and my father in law is not ready to share the rent as well. Because of this loan, my husband is not able to financially support our family. Is there any way based on the loan documents we can claim the portion of the property or the rental income through that property?

Offline advRanjithRajagopal

• Professional legal Expert
  • adv.Ranjith Rajagopal
    • View Profile
Re: Land in mother's name and loan taken in son's name for construction
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 07:51:25 PM »
The property is in your in laws name, hence as par law he alone has exclusive rights over it. Your husband has taken a loan solely was on his own free will.

now if he invested the loan in someone elses property does not in any way give him any right over it.

unless, until there was an agreement to prove otherwise.

as par law no solution, but if you want to take it to court you may go ahead but chances are dim.

Your father in law in moral grounds should share.

as far as your husband is concerned he should take it as a bad decision to take the loan on someone elses property.

and it should serve as a lesson to all what has happened to you.
adv.Ranjith Rajagopal

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India