Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: chit fund transfer fraud  (Read 1397 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline deemuug

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
chit fund transfer fraud
« on: September 25, 2014, 04:11:04 PM »
Hello sir,

We were introduced to a chit fund agent srinivas who was working for margadarsi chit funds company by a very reliable close family friend in bangalore. He seemed genuine and very honest and hence we thought  of going a chit fund.   He said he had a party (damodar raj) who had been paying for a chit since 20 months and couldn't pay further  and wanted to transfer the chit after the 20 months money settlement is done.  we decided to go for transfer and gave him the cheque for around 4 lakhs.    The money was with drawn in the name of pv parvathamma 2 yrs back (we got to know later that pv parvathamma is mother in law of agent srinivas and was also agent of margardarsi chit fund).  After that, the chit was not transferred and we couldn't get any agreement or any doocument also.  The agent srinivas had been assuring it would be done and the transfer never happened.   At some point he stopped answering poor calls. After rigorous follow up, he introduced the party damodar raj and he kept himself away from the issue.   Meanwhile agent srinivas quit margardarsi chit fund and seems he relocated or ran away to hyderabad after selling all his property in bangalore.  He never picked up our calls after that.   

Now the issue is -
1.  We spoke to party damodar raj who agrees that he will pay back money but he is saying he doesnot have money now.
2. Since we don't have any document nowhow should we proceed legally only with the cheque withdrawn in the name of pv parvathamma?


Offline advgaurav.sharma

  • Sr. Legal Expert
  • ****
  • Posts: 117
  • Karma: +3/-1
  • Advocate Gaurav is a specialist in Trademark laws
    • View Profile
Re: chit fund transfer fraud
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 01:13:12 AM »
check withdrawn is a valid piece of evidence, but since you do not have any supporting documents for what purpose you have made the payment to a strangers account, will make your case an uphill task.

but since you have been cheated you should first lodge an FIR against all those people who caused this loss to you.
Advocate Gaurav is a specialist in Trademark laws


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India