Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Recovery of money from friend  (Read 1885 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline vishal

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Recovery of money from friend
« on: October 05, 2014, 06:46:56 AM »
My friend requested money to expand his side business in 2011 and promised return after 1.6 years with interest.  He also confirmed no risk as he has purchased property that can be sold to return money in case case loss (in email records).  I transferred requested amount in his personal bank account (neft transfer have record of it).
Its around 2 years since i am chasing for my money. He is not refusing to return but is not returning as well a number of email conversations done but no result. He has given more than 10 dates in past but not a single penny is transferred back.   
He is on H1B from bangalore based company working for big product MNC in USA and returning 6 lakhs is not a big thing for him that too i am asking from last 2 years.
I am in need of my money and i now feels that he is cheating me. please advice what possible legal action can be taken so that i can get my money safely, What risk are involved.

Offline user9999

  • Jr. Legal Expert
  • **
  • Posts: 49
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Recovery of money from friend
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 03:41:08 PM »
if you have all email records and transactions to prove it  (and i believe it is your hard earned money), send him a warning email stating that  you will be filing a claim at the small claims court  in US (through the indian embassy) and have a arrest warrant personally delivered to him by the police/sheriff right at this work place for failure to appear at court. tell him that you already gathered his personal and employer address by running a address check.that should take care of this.

Offline Advocate M.Bhadra

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 153
  • Karma: +4/-3
  • Sr.Lawyer
    • View Profile
    • law empowerment
Re: Recovery of money from friend
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 07:17:32 PM »
Send a legal notice to him to calling return back your money. If he would not comply then lodge a complaint to the Police and file a Criminal Case against him in Judicial Magistrate Court. You can also file a Summary Suit in Civil Court for recovery the same.

M.Bhadra,advocate at Kolkata,9836589246


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India