Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Legal steps can be taken against photographer who is using my friend's photos  (Read 2023 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline soumalyade

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Dear Sir/Madam,

One of my friend recently came to know that one of the photographer in India have downloaded some of his images and included it in pdf as his wedding photography portfolio. He is forwarding this all his clients. From one of my friend's old client he came to know about this incident. I want to know that in this particular case what type of legal steps my friend can take against that photographer and at the same time what sort of  monetary compensation he can seek from him. My friend has written contract with all of his clients for explicit use of his work, so in that whether he can get any additional benefit for this particular case. And what should be maximum punishment that guilty person can get as per copyright, criminal and cyber law in India

Sumit Mukherjee

Offline advsarmaroy

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 202
  • Karma: +3/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
 has your friend copyrighted his photographs.

if yes all he has to do is lodge an FIR.

If not than send a legal notice to the infringer, and than institute a suit, both civil and criminal.

now be sure that in case you have not copyrighted that you can prove that this photos belongs to you
Advocate Sarmaroy
Corporate lawyer / Real estate law expert

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India