Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Need Legal advice on my son's divorce and maental harassment  (Read 1825 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline grandma009

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Need Legal advice on my son's divorce and maental harassment
« on: October 15, 2014, 12:35:43 AM »
Can someone advice me what actions can i take legally against my daugher in law's family..  I feel cheated, haraased and am under severe mental trauma. I am a senior citizen lady who is now working at this age for mental peace and money.
Here are the details
My son got married 5 years back. There were issues with my daughter in law from the start.
She was not very cooperative with the family members, even though they stayed separate.
My son and my daughter in law went to US/Europe/Singapore...and may other placess for trips, but she always had complaints.
Last year my daughter-in-laws parents decided to move her to a different house without discussing with us,saying she needs a break.She is also working
My son was staying alone and she moved with her friend.
After 5 months of separation, when she was not ready to come back and stay with my son, we discussed with her parents again and decided for mutual divorce.
My daughter in law's uncle is a lawyer. He claimed a huge sum of money 50 Lakhs, which any normal salaried person cannot give.
So as to get out of day to day trauma my husband agreed for the same but now each day i feel cheated.
They did not return us back the gold jwellery we gave for the marriage and have even taken all the heavy sarees and gifts too.
The final divorce will happen in March when as per the clause we are supposed to pay her 50 L.
For repaying such a big amount me and my husband have started to work in our own capacity. My son is also doing extra work for additional amount.
The only trigger for agreeing to this big amount was daily torture and mental peace.
Foortunately they dont have a kid.
Can someone advise if i can take some legal actions against the uncle or the family and yet get my son free from her.

Offline advsarmaroy

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 202
  • Karma: +3/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Need Legal advice on my son's divorce and maental harassment
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 03:47:22 AM »
If your son does not attend the second motion the divorce won't be complete.

now when your daughter in law is earning how did you come to a settlement of 50 lakhs?

that itself was insane on your part.

tell the court you do not have the desired money for settlement and back track.

engage a good lawyer for this
Advocate Sarmaroy
Corporate lawyer / Real estate law expert


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India