Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Divorce question and child custody  (Read 1761 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline tiya

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Divorce question and child custody
« on: November 05, 2014, 08:35:27 AM »
Me and my husband both are Indian Citizens. I am a Hindu and he is a Christian. None of us got converted. We registered our marriage under Christian marriage act.

I seek divorce.

We are married for 4.5 years. Soon after marriage, I found my husband faces impotency very often. Also most of the time in our marriage (gap of 8 to 9 months) we did not have husband wife relationship because of my husbands disinterest. He went to many doctors but all in vain. Every doctor said his problem is psychological. He is currently going for counselling to a psychiatrist.

We have a small baby.

My husband is extremely short tempered and expresses his anger for even smallest of the reasons.  He won't physically hurt me but his body language is not good. He would grab my collar or would bang the door so forcefully that something would break, punch on the door, etc. He would give me silent treatment very often.

I am loosing the hope that he will be cured and start behaving normally. I do not want this kind of behaviour in front of my kid and so I seek a divorce.

My question :

1. What should be the exact ground for divorce?
2. How can I prove my husband's impotency in court ? Will doctors give me such certificate?
3. In which city in India can the divorce be filed? Place where marriage is registered or place where I reside?
4. What if husband also wants a divorce but child custody is the problem ? How can I keep my kid with me forever (even after 5 years of baby's age)? My baby is right now 3 months old.
5. What if my husband comes to my house and tries to snatch away my baby from me ? How can I protect myself?
6. Can I file divorce in the USA if we both are working there? Will that be valid in india?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 08:37:25 AM by tiya »

Offline Aayush chabbra

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 5
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Divorce question and child custody
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 12:02:51 PM »
You can go for mental cruelty divorce.
But before you go for divorce just be with him and give him the chance of improvement. He does not need any psychiatrist ,go for meditation. 

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Divorce question and child custody
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 12:02:51 PM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India