Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Husband exploiting. How can i claim for my financial rights.  (Read 817 times)

Offline Rachna

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Husband exploiting. How can i claim for my financial rights.
« on: November 05, 2014, 11:11:26 AM »
I got married in 1999. I have one daughter of 14yrs age and one son of 11yrs of age. My husband has been exploiting me since many years by quarrels, alcohol and suicide attempts. He has been exploiting me on the financial front too since marriage.

My husband is working in railway and was use to come home once or twice a month. We are having only one room in our house and as my children have grown up so i refused him to have sex because on non availability of separate room. But he is not ready to construct that room.

For last 1 year we had no sex relations because of which my husband has stopped coming home and now he has also stopped giving me money to run our house.

Now he is again threatening me to commit suicide. He has given resignation from his railway job so that in case he dies i wont get his job.

How i can get regular income to run my house from my husband ? please give me complete procedure

How and what kind of financial benefit i can get from my husband before and after divorce in case he resigns ? please give me complete procedure

If my husband commits suicide after resigning from his railway job, will i get his job ? what other benefits i can get and how ? please give me complete procedure.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:16:05 AM by Rachna »

Offline advJitu

• Jr. Legal Expert
  • I'm Advocate Jitu, Champion - Company law in India
    • View Profile
Re: Husband exploiting. How can i claim for my financial rights.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 06:23:37 PM »
as long as you remain his legally wedded wife you have a right to maintenance, you can file for it in court, both for you and the children.

regarding a job in case of his passing away yes you can get provided that you are not divorced.

kindly note denying sex is a ground for divorce under cruelty. he cannot do that, as a legally wedded wife.

regarding his suicide threat you can lodge a police complaint or submit a letter to the local police station informing them that your husband is threatening for suicide, this will restrain him and safeguard you from future eventualities
Advocate Jitu, Champion -
Company law expert from Mumbai City

Offline Rachna

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Husband exploiting. How can i claim for my financial rights.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 11:02:53 AM »
Thanks for reply

What if he lefts job and after that divorce happens, will i be getting compensation as his only source of income is this job only and also he don't possesses any property.

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India