Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Proprietory Firm Closed down due to Death of father... Now ST Demands Money  (Read 1596 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline charm_mee

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile

I am a resident of Mumbai, My father's sole proprietory firm was closed down because of my father's death.
Now the sales tax department is sending notice to us that we have to pay a fine of Rs. 90,000 because the Other party failed to pay taxes and is absconding.  Other party was a defaulter. We met the Govt. representative officer who scared us that they will cease all our property and freeze all bank accounts and my mothers personal assets like jewellry, shares etc to recover money. 

They also said that they know that my father was not at fault but because the other party did not pay the tax, Govt will recover the amount from us.

Now the govt representative has sent a notice saying that we have to pay the amount of 90,000 + 2,00,000 as fine

We have already cancelled all tax numbers. TIN number etc..

My mother is a housewife and lives with my brother who works as a freelancer for Software firm.

My question is what action can the government take to recover money from my mother and my brother who has no role play in this business.

What is the best way to settle this issue.

We have no property in my father's name nor any vehicle. The office my father had was a rented and my father used that premises for more than 60 years.

All other documents are clear.

Please guide and advise.

Offline advswagata

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 170
  • Karma: +7/-1
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Have you submitted a death cerificate along with an application in the tax office yet if not do so immediately.

than visit a ca for this.

if the ca does it fine.

else if the mattercomes to court,you,can contact us than


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India