Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: How to get mutual divorce if spouse is an expatriate in Saudi?  (Read 1517 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline dineshj

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
How to get mutual divorce if spouse is an expatriate in Saudi?
« on: November 09, 2014, 08:10:04 AM »
Hi, Im Dinesh, 30 yrs old. I got married on Jan 03, 2014 at Vellore, Tamilnadu. It.It was arranged and we are both Christians. My wife works in Saudi as a nurse for the past 3 and half years. She works on contract basis and her leaves are governed by the hospital. It was during one such leave we got married and she left back on Jan 21,2014. She again came on June 07 and left on July 21. We started to have a lot of misunderstandings after that based on her conduct and indecent behaviour with other men . We had more arguments over the phone. On Sep 15 she had sent a me a mail bluntly stating that she wanted to quit the marriage. I didn't want us to separate but I ended up receiving a legal notice from her lawyer and the power of attorney given to her dad. It was mainly full of false allegations of me bing a drunkard and abusive. They also stated they wanted a mutual consent. I found a lawyer and sent a counter notice denying all the allegations and also wanted divorce because I didn't want to live with an immoral woman anyway. Now her lawyer came back to us saying her parents wanted to exchange goods and jewels without her absence and wanted us to file for divorce if it was urgent and also told they did not know when she would come back from Saudi. I told my lawyer to reply to their lawyer that any further step would take place once she returns back to India and exchange the goods and file for the mutual divorce the very next day. The problem is I donít know when she will come. Is there any legal way to make an expatriate spouse to return to the country(India) immediately to finish the legal activities? I know her hospital mail address. I want to finish this soon. I know after 6 months she has to come again after the first hearing. But she and her parents just want to get the jewels and want to elongate this process so I may not remarry as well. They aren't bothered about their daughter because they are just using her for her money. Please help. I can ask this to my lawyer as well but I need a lot more opinions on this subject. I really appreciate your help. Thanks.
Dinesh J

Offline advbanani

  • Professional legal Expert
  • ***
  • Posts: 75
  • Karma: +0/-1
  • Accident Claim and Cheating cases
    • View Profile
Re: How to get mutual divorce if spouse is an expatriate in Saudi?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 08:26:50 PM »
all exchanges should be taken place under courts direction only, when mutual divorce is filed than get all these written in the petition itself that all exchanges will happen on the second motion.

the girl has to be present in India for divorce a power of attorney will not do, her presence is must no judge will award a Divorce decree in her absence.

there is some trickery going on you stick to your ground all agreements will be done via court direction and when the girl will be present.
Adv.Banani Mukherjee"
Jodhpur High Court
Accident Claim and Cheating cases

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India