Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564


Do you think I would win the case if I asked him for my expenses incurred and interest on the amount?

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Civil and Human Rights Violations by House Owner  (Read 1363 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mkavi

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Civil and Human Rights Violations by House Owner
« on: November 19, 2014, 12:09:54 PM »
My house owner has been constantly nagging me about a few things:
1. He started construction without asking me and broke down my kitchen wall.
2. The wall was broken for more than 1 month even though he promised to complete the construction in 2 days.
3. He built a new room on the other side and asked me to move to the new room.
4. He is asking for a 20% raise in the rent with 4 months left in my rent agreement which stipulates a 10% raise after a year of occupancy.
5. He is asking me not to keep any housemaid except the one who works for him.
6. His wife and son have talked very rudely to me and used offensive language.

He is a retired lawyer and I have no legal background. My rent agreement was for 11 months and therefore doesn't come under any Tenant's rights as stipulated by Supreme court in 2001. As far as I understand, he can show a need for personal use and ask me to vacate.
My loss would be on the following fronts:
1. Broker's fee
2. New house's broker's fee
3. I might have to pay a higher rent in the new house.
4. Transportation etc.

Please advice about which path to take and let me know if I should lodge an FIR or file a case in consumer court .

Offline advocate-lyngdoh

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 198
  • Karma: +5/-1
  • Member of Shillong Bar Association
    • View Profile
Re: Civil and Human Rights Violations by House Owner
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 09:59:16 PM »
send a legal notice and proceed to consumer court seeking compensation also
Advocate Lyngdoh
Laitumkhrah, Shillong

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India