Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Succession certificate.Where to apply.  (Read 1160 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sxp

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Succession certificate.Where to apply.
« on: November 27, 2014, 09:02:17 PM »
My father passed away an year back.He had worked in Goa and settled down in Kerala post retirement.He owned a property in goa which we plan to sell off and for which i need to get a succession certificate.My mother has obtained a legal heir ship certificate in Kerala.
I am getting different views from lawyers i consulted.Some say that i have to apply to the court in Kerala(where he resided) for the succession certificate and then produce it in goa for the land sale.Others say I have to apply for the same in goa as that's where his immovable property is.
I would also like to know as to what would be the document to be submitted to court for valuation of the land.
i would appreciate anyone who could guide me on this.

Offline advkhanna

  • Jr. Legal Expert
  • **
  • Posts: 46
  • Karma: +1/-1
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Succession certificate.Where to apply.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 10:00:31 PM »
First of all has your father died without leaving behind a will. if yes mother along with all siblings have equal share.

for immovable property it is MUTATION done not succession.

SUCCESSION is for movable property such as bank account, shares, etc.


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India