Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Stipend based agreement dilemma  (Read 1118 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline abhishek046

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Stipend based agreement dilemma
« on: November 28, 2014, 08:32:58 AM »
I'm a student in a private college & have been offered employment by a private company. I'm yet to complete my degree & the company is ready to offer a stipend of Rs.3000pm during the remainder of my course(6 months). However, the company's offer letter states that I'll have to return the entire amount + 15% interest p.a in case I refuse to join the company after the completion of my education.
I'm also required to sign an employment agreement which would come into effect from the date of joining. The training would commence only after that.
Now, my dilemma is to whether the agreement to pay 15% over the total stipend is valid considering that the company is bearing no expenses in the form of training,etc during my education? Recovery of the stipend is reasonable but 15% p.a over it?
Does this not become a one sided agreement? Doesn't this violate Sec.27 of the Indian Contract Act, especially considering that the company is trying to restrict me of a chance towards better employment?
How can they impose such a thing on a student, i.e. one who hasn't even agreed to employment at the company?
Should I or should I not sign the offer letter and service agreement which I'm required to take a photocopy of and email the company?
Thanks in advance for all inputs/feedbacks/suggestions.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 08:35:11 AM by abhishek046 »

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India