Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Mother and daugher's right for property  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Anuradha

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Mother and daugher's right for property
« on: November 30, 2014, 02:09:32 AM »
My mother got married in 1981. She has gone through emotional / physical torture at inlaws place. In a couple of months, she finally decided and returned to her maternal home and informed her parents and brothers about all the tortures. They stood by her but in the same month she got to know that she was pregnant. She was reluctant to go back and decided that she would study further and earn to support her child. And undoubtedly, she did. I am her daughter (born in 1982) and I am proud of her. She has sacrificed everything in her life to give me best in life and even she has never accepted any marriage proposal. In all these year, when my father got to know about a child, he tried everything to get me but my mother never allowed him to even see my face.
I got married in 2012. After a year i.e in 2013, my father got our home address from some source and contacted my mother. He apologized for whatever happened and deadly requested my mother to allow him to meet me as his last life wish and so she gave the permission. First He spoke to me over phone and then he invited me and my mother to his place which we did.
There I got to know that my father is married to other woman [in 1989 appx] and he doesnít have any child from her. He has 2 brothers [younger to him] [married].
After our visit, I got a call from my fatherís youngest brother. He was very rude over phone like why the hell now you are spoiling our life. Donít dare to come again and other such stuff. I was shocked to hear such thing as it was not us who contacted but it was my father who wanted us to go to his home for atleast one time.
I spoke to my father about this and got to know that they are feeling insure about my fatherís property and thatís the reason they donít want us to keep a relation. I am not interested in fatherís property. Even I never ever thought about it. I told my father not to inform my mother as she will feel bad about this.
After this I have decided not to talk to my father anymore. But my father was in touch with my mother on phone. But I never dared to inform or suggest my mother not to talk to him. I thought its her life and she has right to do whatever she feels like.
But After some days, the same guy messaged my mother about the same thing. And badly insulted her over the phone and utters slang for her. That day she called me and informed about this. She was crying her heart out.
I donít understand one thing. Who gave him such right to speak to my mummy like this? Now I decided to fight about this. I want my motherís respect back and now I have decided to claim for my fatherís property. Now I donít want my fatherís brothers get a single rupee.
My mother doesnít have marriage certificate but we have her marriage pictures and there is no legal divorce happened ever. Medically We can prove that I am her daughter. And one more thing, without taking legal divorce, he is married to other woman.
Please advise me what kinds of right me and my mother have. And how strongly we can fight about property.
Anuradha.

Offline advuma

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Mother and daugher's right for property
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 02:46:52 AM »
Your mother has to prove her marriage to stake a claim after the death of your father, provided he does without a will.

regarding you, you have full legal rights to inherit your father's property
if u like my posting plz submit your comments

Hi, I am advocate Uma Saika, from Assam

Offline Anuradha

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 04:05:03 AM »
Thank you Uma!!

Please advice what if  my father has made a will and mentioned his brothers and brothers' children name??? n not mentioned my name??

Still I have a full right on his property???

Please please please advice. 

Offline advuma

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 04:32:10 AM »
If the property is self owner by your father, and je makes a will than the will applies.

but if it is ancestral property you will get your share
if u like my posting plz submit your comments

Hi, I am advocate Uma Saika, from Assam

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India