Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: prison death - sudden cardiac arrest  (Read 1683 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline RajeshKumar

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
prison death - sudden cardiac arrest
« on: December 03, 2014, 01:10:17 PM »
Hi, I am from Hyderabad, India.
One of my family member was convicted under ACB case in high court and sentenced to 1 year in jail. We appealed in supreme court and applied for bail on medical grounds.
He was in prison for about a month and died of sudden cardiac arrest. He is 66 yrs old and was a very healthy person without any medical issues before he was sent to prison. He does Yoga and walks at least 5 kms each day. He continued doing this even he was inside the prison.
Some of the facts that we learned after this incident
1. There were only 4 doctors for about 2000 or so inmates.
2. There is no medical equipment to treat prisoners with in the prison.
3. For any emergency with in the prison, the authorities send the inmates to the government hospital which is about 1 hour drive.
4. There was a PIL filed in high court by someone concerning large no of deaths few weeks back before this incident. The high court asked the prison to appointment more doctors. Initially there was only one doctor and after PIL there are 4 of them.
For sudden cardiac arrest there should be immediate medical treatment like CPR and use of Defibrillator. If the first aid is done correctly there is 90% chance the patient can be saved.
Our family member collapsed without any symptoms and there was no first aid provided for him. He was sent to the hospital and it took about 1.5 hours to get to the hospital and was declared dead. He would have been saved if immediate medical attention was given to him like CPR and use of Defibrillator.
My family is devastated  with the loss and is under lot of pain. I cannot describe in words what my family is going through and feeling very guilty there was nothing we could do.
We are surprised to learn there is no medical care provided with in the prison such as regular doctor visits, BP check up etc etc. There were also large no of deaths of happening within the prison (as per PIL) and there were no additional measures taken by the prison authorities.  He was also a Sr Citizen and we learned that he was not put in a Sr Citizen block.
We would like to get justice and responsible punished. Also this should not be repeated for anyone else in future.
What can we do to fight this legally in the court of law? Under what provisions of law can we file a petition? Please advise.

Offline advabdul

  • Sr. Legal Expert
  • ****
  • Posts: 109
  • Karma: +4/-1
  • Muslim law Advisor
    • View Profile
Re: prison death - sudden cardiac arrest
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 08:18:50 PM »
yes you have a case you should persue it, in prison it is the state's responsibility to provide for well being of the inmates.

since you allege that the state has failed in its duty. the state is liable to pay compensation to the bereaved family.

you have a case, act quickly and file, if you delay in filing it may be difficult later on as the law does not support those who sleep and slumber
Advocate Abdul
I am Muslim law Advisor

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: prison death - sudden cardiac arrest
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 08:18:50 PM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India