Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: rights for my child in case of mutual divorce  (Read 1313 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sunshine29

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
rights for my child in case of mutual divorce
« on: December 08, 2014, 07:51:51 AM »

I have been married for 10 yrs and I have been on and off on divorce like 2 times. First in 2007 and 2nd in 2012. I have ocne son who is 6 yrs old.

Now we agreed to a mutual divorce as we just cant abide to be with each other. He is already found another person for himself.
I have yet to meet a lawyer as last 2 times, I just trusted him to do the best for our son. Now he says he will pay Rs 10,000 as alimony and nothing else. He does not have any property under his name. His mother owns one apartment and currently we are staying in that apartment and the will made by my MIL states that after her death, her son inherits  the apartment. Also she solf one more flat and that amount is under her name as a FD.
My husband works for a prvt section and earns 38000 pm and I am also working getting Rs14000 pm
Now my question is:

1. Does my son have any legal right to claim on that property  or FD. If yes how do I go about it.
2. How much amount can I ask for alimony

Offline advkkreddy

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 163
  • Karma: +5/-3
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: rights for my child in case of mutual divorce
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 08:03:13 PM »
since you are working you may not get any alimony.
regarding your child he is the responsibility of his father, he has to pay for his maintenance he cannot deny this to the child.

regarding share in mother in laws property or savings no one has a right or claim over it nor you nor her son nor grandson.

it is an exclusive property of the grandmother.

the right to maintenance for the child is guaranteed in this case.
and you will be guaranteed a right to residence, till you marry again.
Champion in law of Torts in India


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India