Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: whom will the joint property go to after husband's death?  (Read 1628 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline vsg

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
whom will the joint property go to after husband's death?
« on: December 15, 2014, 02:46:33 AM »
I and my husband both are employees in software firm. I have a joint property (A residential plot) with my husband. In case of an unfortunate incident that my husband dies, will his 50% share go to his legal hiers? (Will it go to my mother in law?) If it does go to my mother in law, whom does it go to after her death?
Will it go to her legal hiers? (ex: her daughter?) But in reality, we dont intend to give it to them. We only want to keep it for ourselves and our children.
What is the best way to make sure that the property comes to me alone in case my husband dies?
I want to make sure the property is retained within our family(Me and my children) and not get distributed among my husband's siblings.

Offline advcaroltripathi

  • Professional legal Expert
  • ***
  • Posts: 85
  • Karma: +1/-4
  • Adv Carol Tripathi
    • View Profile
Re: whom will the joint property go to after husband's death?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 03:46:44 AM »
in an unfortunate incidence the first line of inheritance is the wife and children, not his mother or his siblings in case of married man.

mother and siblings come under second line of inheritance
Adv Carol Tripathi
Experts in Woman Harassment and Sexual Assault -
An Experienced Lawyer, a Dedicated Staff, a Place
Where Your Voice Will be Heard


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India