Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
  Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: RE:residential tenancy  (Read 1224 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sam90

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
RE:residential tenancy
« on: December 15, 2014, 08:46:49 AM »
i want to end my 6 months tenancy on January(25th to 27th)  2015 and i gave the landlord the required notice on Dec 12th 2014. but he says that i was supposed to give him a notice before approx. 3 months(which was written in the agreement which was in Bengali which apparently i couldn't read) or he has asked me to pay him a sum equivalent to three months.  but according to the residential tenancy act doesn't it say "(3) The tenant may give a notice of two months or two months’ rent in lieu of notice,
to the landlord to terminate the tenancy in case the tenancy is for more than a year
or one month’s notice or one month’s rent in lieu of notice in case the tenancy is
for less than a year. "????? what am i supposed to do?

Offline advgaurav.sharma

  • Sr. Legal Expert
  • ****
  • Posts: 117
  • Karma: +3/-1
  • Advocate Gaurav is a specialist in Trademark laws
    • View Profile
Re: RE:residential tenancy
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 04:05:03 AM »
you had a 11 months notarized tenancy agreement with him I suppose.
in this case what he is asking is irrelevant, you send him a legal notice stating that you are leaving on so and so date giving him advance notice of alteast one month.

if he acts messy with you let him do so cause he won't get much help from court. make your payment via check or bank draft no more cash
Advocate Gaurav is a specialist in Trademark laws


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India