Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Dishonoring Original Property Agreement  (Read 1343 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline C Raj

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Dishonoring Original Property Agreement
« on: December 21, 2014, 11:53:39 PM »
Hello Sir or Madam,

I have a father, one brother, and two sisters. My brother, his wife and my father have been living together for the past 25 years, although I have been visiting them once a year and supporting them financially. In 1990s, I sent money to my brother to build 3 houses, which are being rented and he is collecting the entire rent. When I was in abroad in early 2000, I sent more money to my brother to buy another site and build a house. Since I was in abroad, my brother bought the site and built the house. He got the building license in his name to build the house since I could not come to India and the license is still in his name.

In mid-2000, my father decided to split the property as if it was inherited: 3 houses built in 1990s to my brother (eventhough the properties were built by my savings) and the house built in early 2000 to my name (this was also built by my savings). We were all in agreement with such a split then as I wanted to help my brother who is not financially strong and is uneducated. I have the original document signed by my brother, myself, and my father, as well as notary signed agreement. My question is the following:

Do I need to register the Khata changed to my name for the house built in early 2000, eventhough I have the property agreement?

If my brother says he canít agree to change the Khata (registration) to my name despite having the signed agreement, what are the legal recourses for me to claim the house in my name before I sell it to somebody else?

I asked my brother to vacate my house (built in early 2000) in which he has been living for free. He is not ready to do that. Can I evict him legally?

My father is in favour of me getting the house as per our original agreement, but my brother seems to be reluctant to stand by the agreement.

I look forward to your answers and guidance.


Offline advocate-lyngdoh

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 198
  • Karma: +5/-1
  • Member of Shillong Bar Association
    • View Profile
Re: Dishonoring Original Property Agreement
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 02:20:19 AM »
in who so ever  name is the property his consent is a must to transfer the property
Advocate Lyngdoh
Laitumkhrah, Shillong

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2019
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India