Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: My daughter in law and her families cheated us  (Read 1563 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline lookingforAdvice009

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
My daughter in law and her families cheated us
« on: December 22, 2014, 02:27:16 AM »
My son was married 5 years back. From last 5 years there have been multiple times when his wife left the home for no reason on small petty issues.They both stayed separtely and not with any one from in-laws family. My daughter- in law is also working ina  good firm
My son took my daughter in law to  multiple places outside India too when he went abroad for his work related things like US/Europe /singapore but she was never happy or satisfied.
Thier relation did not improve as days passed  and from last 1 year my daughter in law is staying sepearately.  Her parents came and shifted her to a new place without our conssent on the ground that their daughter is not happy with my son. We tried multiple times to get her back but it did not work.
Finally it was agreed between the families to file a mutual consent divorce as things did not seem to change. She was not ready to stay with my son.

The amount they claimed as alimony was very very high . We agreed to it that day under severe mental pressure but now i feel really sad as my son has to sell off his property, give away his savings and even borrow the money to give it to her. I am a lady senior citizen who has opened up a small tiffin service business to support my son in whatever way i can.

We have already paid the 1st installment to her as a DD  and rest will be piad as per the clause on the day of divorce. But i feel cheated and humiliated. Is there a law in which my son can still get divorce and i do not have to pay this big amount.
I do not have any patience to fight for case in the court for many many years as it is a painful process for the full family but need justice
Please advise what can be done with reagrds to the same.
I doubt that their might be something fishy and she might have something planned
She even took all the jwellery and dresses we gave and now her parents are not ready to return.They say if we ask for it, they willl not sign the mutual consent divorce.
I want my son free from this relation for sure and do not want to do anything at the cost of his freedom.
My lawyer is advicing me to give away all the money and stay quiet.
My queries are
As a senior citizen, can i file a case after divorce on the grounds of mental trauma
Any other suggestions?

Offline advocate-lyngdoh

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 192
  • Karma: +5/-1
  • Member of Shillong Bar Association
    • View Profile
Re: My daughter in law and her families cheated us
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 02:33:32 AM »
if you do not wish to pay the rest of the amount the divorce will not get through.

as for the amount you have already paid there is very little chance you will get that back.

your approach from the beginning was wrong.

you have mentioned the girl is earning very well then where is her right to alimony.

alimony is given to um employed or wife's with little income, so that the wife can maintain the same standard of living as she enjoyed in her marital life.

alimony is not given to wife as a lottery, its always minimal.
Advocate Lyngdoh
Laitumkhrah, Shillong

Offline lookingforAdvice009

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: My daughter in law and her families cheated us
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 04:11:20 AM »
Thanks for the prompt reply, but please confirm as a senior citizen is their any legal law which i can file for mental trauma i have gonee through?


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India