Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Relieving from my company  (Read 1549 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ab_cd

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Relieving from my company
« on: December 28, 2014, 07:17:37 AM »
Hi all,

I am working in a company from last 1 year. I got another good opportunity which I accepted.

With my present company there is an agreement reagarding minimum years to serve.Since I am leaving my company, I am ready to fulfill that agreement. I need to pay certain amount as compensation.

Now there is no mention of notice period on any of my documents such as joining letter or appointment letter. When I talked to my HR, HR was saying that I need to serve a notice period of 3 months and at the same time they were telling me to stay back saying that they will not accept the compensation.

It was told to me that If I leave, then they will not provide relieving letter as well as experience letter.

In my appointment letter, there is a clause "Termination by Employee". In that it is written to refer to the Employment agreement signed on x/y/2013. This agreement is nothing but related to compensation that needs to be provided if I leave company before 3 years. There is no mention of notice period in this agreement too

There is one more letter I got when they increased my salary. In that it is written "Refer to HR and company's policy on intranet page". I checked on this page. There are only policies realed to Leave,Holidays,Refferal and Medical insurance polcies but nothing related to notice period.

In the end, I have submitted my resignation and now waiting for the meeting again.

I am ready to serve notice period of 1 month. If HR doesnt agree, can I relieve myself by dropping the mail to HR at the end of 1 month.

Can I take leave during notice period.

Please let me know how to tackle this situation.

Offline kphk

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 167
  • Karma: +6/-5
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Relieving from my company
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 10:17:25 AM »
If no notice period is stipulated in your agreement it means there is no notice period. You can directly pay the compensation and quit immediately, you need not even stay for one month. What you have agreed for in the contract only holds good, not HR's words. Talk to the hr a and find out how to deposit the compensation at the end of 3 months and follow the same procedure as soon as possible. You are entitled to get relieving letter and experience certificate. By the way, how does it matter when you have other evidence to show that you were employed there?

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Relieving from my company
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 10:17:25 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India