Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Intimidation  (Read 1364 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline dewdrops68

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
« on: January 07, 2015, 11:28:31 PM »
Hello Sir,
I had loaned a significant amount of money to my cousin. She seemed to be in a bad shape which compelled me to loan it to her. She had promised to return the amount last month, but to my distress, she is refraining to take any calls frm me or other communication whatsoever. A few days back, out of sheer anger and humiliation, i texted her calling names (i called her a whore) and swore on her. Now her husband (instead of my cousin) called me up, abused me and threatened to sue me on defamation case on the basis of the text i sent. I want my money back, which i am unable to do because my cousin is not communicating with me and instead gives the receiver to her husband. If she sues me on intimidation charges, can i deny sending the text? What can i do to nullify the charges?

Offline advRanjithRajagopal

  • Sr. Legal Expert
  • ****
  • Posts: 108
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • adv.Ranjith Rajagopal
    • View Profile
Text message sent to an individual person is not defamation
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 10:19:40 PM »
First of all Text message sent to an individual person is not defamation.
your approach is wrong, you are supposed to send a legal Notice first that will get you back the money.

what was the mode of loan payment
adv.Ranjith Rajagopal

Offline saravanan.s

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 310
  • Karma: +23/-1
  • legal advisor
    • View Profile
Re: Intimidation
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 03:26:58 AM »
do you have any proof for giving money to your sister

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Intimidation
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 03:26:58 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India