Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Mrried-emotionally tortured-need divorce-clueless  (Read 1706 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Tamanna

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Mrried-emotionally tortured-need divorce-clueless
« on: January 09, 2015, 04:13:14 AM »

I was married last year. I am a Hindu and ours was a typical arranged marriage.
My husband is not a very social person and mostly stays silent. We did not have a very good sexual life either and I tried reasoning him but he did not listen to me any time. I talked to one of the doctors and he tried counselling him too.
Then for some time the things seemed to be fine until I developed fistula and had to be operated. My mother-in-law started nagging and cursing me. I was emotionally tortured which made me go into depression. No affection from husband and the constant nagging from husband lead to General Anxiety Disorder. I was frightened by every little incident. I was too frightened to go to my office too. And then began the real drama. My in-laws started accusing me of cheating them as they wanted a working daughter-in-law. My husband stopped talking to me. We were still living together. And I did not give up my job. They asked me for my salary but I did not really give it to them as my husband had already made it clear that if in future I leave my job I will have to take care of my expenses on my own.

This continued for a few months and then my husband started to threaten me of that if I stayed with him then he will commit suicide. My mother-in-law forced me out of the house. I still went back after some time.
But the emotional abuse continued. My mother-in-law asked daily about our sexual lives and harassed me for making his son interested into making out so that she could have a grandson.
Then one day my husband said that he does not want to continue anyhow. My parents came and took me along.

In the meantime, they have started spreading rumours that I was having extra-marital affairs and that's the reason we have to be separated which has broken me to the core.    

Now the problem is that we had invested a huge amount of money in the marriage and my parents are still in debt because of the same. I don't know how to proceed with it.

My husband has yet not filed for the divorce and probably never will because he is a loner and does not want to move on in his life. He would not want me to have an easy divorce.

How do I get the divorce and the money back? Am I entitled to alimony and share in his parental property as well?

Please advise.


Offline advgaurav.sharma

  • Sr. Legal Expert
  • ****
  • Posts: 124
  • Karma: +3/-1
  • Advocate Gaurav is a specialist in Trademark laws
    • View Profile
Re: Mrried-emotionally tortured-need divorce-clueless
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 09:50:05 AM »
you have to file for divorce under cruelty and yes you are entitled to alimony provided that you earn less then your husband
Advocate Gaurav is a specialist in Trademark laws

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India