Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Married-emotionally tortured-need divorce-clueless  (Read 1725 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Tamanna

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Married-emotionally tortured-need divorce-clueless
« on: January 09, 2015, 04:17:39 AM »

I was married last year. I am a Hindu and ours was a typical arranged marriage.
My husband is not a very social person and mostly stays silent. We did not have a very good sexual life either and I tried reasoning him but he did not listen to me any time. I talked to one of the doctors and he tried counselling him too.
Then for some time the things seemed to be fine until I developed fistula and had to be operated. My mother-in-law started nagging and cursing me. I was emotionally tortured which made me go into depression. No affection from husband and the constant nagging from husband lead to General Anxiety Disorder. I was frightened by every little incident. I was too frightened to go to my office too. And then began the real drama. My in-laws started accusing me of cheating them as they wanted a working daughter-in-law. My husband stopped talking to me. We were still living together. And I did not give up my job. They asked me for my salary but I did not really give it to them as my husband had already made it clear that if in future I leave my job I will have to take care of my expenses on my own.

This continued for a few months and then my husband started to threaten me of that if I stayed with him then he will commit suicide. My mother-in-law forced me out of the house. I still went back after some time.
But the emotional abuse continued. My mother-in-law asked daily about our sexual lives and harassed me for making his son interested into making out so that she could have a grandson.
Then one day my husband said that he does not want to continue anyhow. My parents came and took me along.

In the meantime, they have started spreading rumours that I was having extra-marital affairs and that's the reason we have to be separated which has broken me to the core.    

Now the problem is that we had invested a huge amount of money in the marriage and my parents are still in debt because of the same. I don't know how to proceed with it.

My husband has yet not filed for the divorce and probably never will because he is a loner and does not want to move on in his life. He would not want me to have an easy divorce.

How do I get the divorce and the money back? Am I entitled to alimony and share in his parental property as well?

Please advise.


Offline advpriyaanand

  • Jr. Legal Expert
  • **
  • Posts: 54
  • Karma: +1/-1
  • Advocate Priya Anand, madras High Court
    • View Profile
Re: Married-emotionally tortured-need divorce-clueless
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 01:51:04 AM »
you can file for maintenance, and all those gifts given to you at the time of marriage is termed as streedhan, these are exclusively yours, non  can stake claim over it.

which city are you based in?

since your husband won't give divorce you have to file for contested divorce under certain grounds check the link to learn more on this:
Advocate Priya Anand,
Learned Counsel
Madras High Court

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India