Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

Author Topic: Wife is demanding for Divorce  (Read 1175 times)

Offline venkannak

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Wife is demanding for Divorce
« on: February 02, 2015, 03:08:19 AM »
Hello Sir,

I am Venkat and from Bhimavaram. I got married in 2012 February. After marriage, we are fine for 3 months. Since then till date, she has been trying to argue with me for each and every small issue some times even for no reason. During these 3 years from marriage, she has been with me for around 7 months only. She used to go to parents after argument and would never come back to me until unless there is a sitting before mediators and well wishers from both sides.

In January 2014, she went to her home by saying silly reason "her grand father health was not good" and she did not return back. I kept on calling on her home cell phone and through mediators, came to know that, there were no minimum things like cot, water heater, etc. I could not able to provide all those things before she came to new flat as all the house holding goods were there at my home town Bhimavaram. I kept at my home when I was travelling to onsite. My parents booked all these house holding goods to Bangalore (here I was living at that time). Meanwhile just in 8 days, she went back to her parents home because of this silly reason.

In February, she joined in a course at Hyderabad, which she did not inform me but came to know through my friends. Because of this, I traveled to Onsite for 5 months. Then after completion of her course again she started inquiring about me. My parents also she did not give my details as I strictly told them to do so as she went to coaching without informing me.

Now she came with a lawyer to my house and searched my house. Mine is village and every body is laughing at us because of this activity. Now she is asking for divorce and demanding 14 lakhs. I can not pay this much amount considering my family financial condition. I don't have job also currently as forced to resign to my job in December because of this mental torture and came to India from onsite. I told them clearly to the her lawyer also that I can not pay that much amount. Then he is shouting like anything with bad words and of I won't pay that 14 lakhs, he will file an FIR against me and my family members. My parents and me are afraiding as we are not aware of these police and laws.

Kindly suggest me how to face this divorce notice. Is there any way to stop divorce?

Offline advbose

• Sr. Legal Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Wife is demanding for Divorce
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 05:15:01 AM »
She xan demand any some of money but that does not mean the court will grant her.

firstly if the wife leaves or deserts husband she is not entitled to maintenance.

secondly its your fear of the law and police that she is cashing in.
what is there to fear, you are not a murderer nor a terrorist.

the case is a family matter between husband and wife hence court nor police will be violent or aggressive towards you.

Offline venkannak

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
Re: Wife is demanding for Divorce
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 06:48:21 AM »
Hello Sir,

Thank you for your advise.

Really we (me, my parents and relatives) are afraid of law and police. Hence they are demanding this much amount and my parents agreed to pay this amount. But after committing the oath in front of every body, now they relaized that the amount is very huge considering my family income status. Only source of income is my job. I left my job because of this torture. Now again I am trying hard for my job.

But please advise me how to proceed to stop this divorce?

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India