Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Domestic violence against mom - Emotional and Financial - how to stopsellinghome  (Read 1585 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline venkatapraveen2003

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile

I am writing this post on behalf of my mom. I would appreciate this forum s suggestions and advice regarding this.

I lost my dad when I was five due to some severe illness and my mom got married to a relative after some years. For the past few years he (my step father) has been emotionaly abusing my mom in different occassions and recently he started gaining control over all my mom's earned money and financial assets. All the movable assets he has already taken and put all my mom s bank balances in negative. Recently he started phyccally abusing my mom . We have two houses which was bought using mom's salary savings and by selling ancestral property. But, my step father registered both the houses in his name himself to have financial control over my mom. Now he is denying to give any assets to my mom. As the marriage was done long back , they did not register it and now he denies to register the marriage also.

Now we are afraid, if he would sell the houses and run away. Is there a way to stop him from selling the houses?? (like getting an obejction certificate). Only documental evidence that my mom has is her name in that address  in ration card and bank accounts.

I think it is a hard situation to solve. Any advise on this would be highly useful and appreciated.

Offline Advocate-ashoksen

  • Jr. Legal Expert
  • **
  • Posts: 69
  • Karma: +3/-1
  • Advocate Ashok Sen Calcutta High Court
    • View Profile
how did your step father register the houses in his name? your mother surely has consented to it.

your mother should immediately file for maintenance and right to residence in court, apart for domestic violence.

regarding the two houses your mother should stake a claim on that too, if the property is disputed your set father cannot sell them, this will buy time for your mother

do it quickly before your mother is left with no options
Advocate Ashok Sen Calcutta High Court

Offline saravanan.s

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 310
  • Karma: +23/-1
  • legal advisor
    • View Profile
obtain a mandatory injunction in the court against the transfer of property citing reasons of fraud and undue coercion.hindu marriages doesnt necessarily need to be registered and its valid


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India