Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Do not want my husband to get anything  (Read 1491 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Urvashi

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Do not want my husband to get anything
« on: March 01, 2015, 09:18:12 AM »
I am a 51 year old woman. I have two kids, a boy and a girl. I have self acquired property. Two flats, one plot, one independant house, cash, and jewellery. My husband is irresponsible and has never had a job in his life. He left me and my children on several ocassions. The flats were given to me by my parents. The other stuff i have earned and bought. My question is can i write a will saying that after my death, only my son and daughter will get everthing 50% each and right on everything, and my husband will have no right on anything? Except that he can stay as long as he lives. My children love him and i know that they will look after him. The reason why i need to do this is that my husband spends everything on luxurious stuff and is a spend thrift. He is irresponsible and will get my children on the streets if anything happens to me.
Please help, as i want to write a will.

Offline user9999

  • Jr. Legal Expert
  • **
  • Posts: 49
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Do not want my husband to get anything
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 11:18:46 AM »
its your property by way of inheritence and self you have all freedom to write the will the way you want to...unless your husband has anything to prove it as his..
if you still feel that he would still be a good father to the kids except with this sprendthift attitude..why not think it in terms like he has no right on the share on the property until the kids turns so and so age by which age the kids would be independent and matured enough to handle the activities of their dad by themselves.
i know of a similar case where a granddad felt that his son would be spendthrift and considering his good daughter in law and grandkids, he wrote a will on his grandkids with a condition that they can claim a share of it only after 18 yrs of age.

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India