Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Woman's Legal rights over property of father, ancestrial  (Read 1528 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline rshantrhi

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Woman's Legal rights over property of father, ancestrial
« on: March 02, 2015, 01:36:02 AM »

I am a 35 year old woman married and have 2 daughters. Due to unforeseen circumstances I live in a portion of my father's house (This was developed by me as a temporary dwelling and I have paid every penny for it from my earnings).

This house was built by my father in the land given to him by my paternal grandfather. Also he received some lands from my grandfather out of his share between 5 of his brothers.

I have an younger brother who is married and live in the same house. My father and mother are now wanting to transfer all properties to my brother. In this regard they are asking me to sign and give a relief saying that I shall not seek any share/part of the property.

They are now indirectly forcing me to get out of the house and asking me to go away. They are repeatedly insisting me to sign and agree to transfer all properties to my brother.

Once during the discussion among the family members my father said he will divide and write off 3 parts. 1 part for him & my mother, 1 part for my brother, 1 part to me. After sometime they changed their mind and now say that I would not be given any part of anything at all.

They are also saying that (without my knowledge) they can make a 'WILL' eliminating all my interests out of anything and everything and by doing so they shall transfer all in my brother's name.

There is also a considerable size of the property which is still undivided. (Belongs to my grand father). Before his demise it was agreed among my father and his 4 brothers that they will raise the subject only after the death of my grand mother. Now my grand mother too has passed away.

I would like to know:

1) As a biological daughter to my father do I really have to sign and agree

2) Can I abstain from signing and disagree to my parents to transfer all property rights to my brother.

3) Do I have any legal rights for share over my father's property.

4) Do I have any legal rights for share over my grand father's property.


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India