Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: to get the share of property owned by late mother in law  (Read 1346 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline meera

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
to get the share of property owned by late mother in law
« on: March 10, 2015, 10:28:43 PM »
Mother in law owned a 14 cent land and a house but she died in 2009.My husband,me ,father in law and husband's brother and family now living in that house.My husband is the younger child.But the father and brother refused to give our land share and house share.what will do?If we file a petition against them what will be the effect whether the property divide among three or two.

Offline Advocate M.Bhadra

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 153
  • Karma: +4/-3
  • Sr.Lawyer
    • View Profile
    • law empowerment
Re: to get the share of property owned by late mother in law
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 04:09:43 AM »
If you are Hindu then your husband's share would have 1/3 rd each of the property left by your mother-in-law. Ask your husband to send a legal notice to your father-in-law and brother-in-law calling them to amicable settle for a deed of partition. If they would not comply then file a Suit for Partition in Civil Court.

M.Bhadra,advocate at Kolkata,9836589246

Offline saravanan.s

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 310
  • Karma: +23/-1
  • legal advisor
    • View Profile
Re: to get the share of property owned by late mother in law
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 11:41:52 PM »
your mil property will devolve on her husband and children if she died intestate.your husband is entitled for a share and noone can refuse to give can file a partition suit in the court with the death certificate of your mil and legal heir certificate

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India