Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Previous employer sent a legal notice regarding non solicitation  (Read 2479 times)

Offline pkisler

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Hi,

I need some advice on my situation now.

I was working for on a company as a softare developer. After two years I have resigned from that company and moved to a full time freelancer. I was using elance.com (online staffing platform based in Mountain View, California, United States.)   for getting freelance jobs and I find few jobs and I am working on them for past 1.5 years. Yesterday I got legal notice from my previous employer that I have breached their agreement that I can't contact any of the companies clients for 18 months , and they are asking a compensation of 1 crore. That company was also taking jobs from elance and one of their client on elance is a client of mine now.  Can anybody advice me what I will do in this situation ? My client informed that there were no legal contract with my previous employer other just a job done through elance.com and also there is no legal contract between me and that client other than elance.com

Thanks
Paul

Offline Advocate M.Bhadra

• Sr. Legal Expert
  • Sr.Lawyer
    • View Profile
    • law empowerment
Re: Previous employer sent a legal notice regarding non solicitation
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 09:28:34 PM »
Notice period for leaving the service, depends from organisation to organisation, Generally notice period is 1 month from any given date of tendering his/ her resignation and ends on completion of 30 days from the date of submission of resignation.

Most of the corporate sectors as on date are demanding 3 months of notice period for leaving the service voluntarily in order to search for a new employee to fill the vacancy, the said clause is stipulated the appointment letter it self, and in turn the employer also give notice period or salary equal to the notice period if at all he desires to leave the employee. The notice period must be of equal ratio as per law, if the employer give 1 month of notice period and requests the employee to give 3 months of notice period it is illegal and stands as a null and void agreement between the parties.

As you said if the employee submits his resignation before one month notice period , then you have to may remaining months notice period salary as a compensation only, but not as they demand.

Send a reply to their legal notice by consulting with a labour laws practicing lawyer and lodge a complaint to the Labour Commission in your State. You should also file a case in Labour Tribunal or file a suit for Declaration and Injunction.

Offline pkisler

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 04:49:56 AM »
I have no issue with the notice period. I have completed my notice period of two months after the resignation. And after the notice period only I started as a full time freelancer. Now my ex-employer is calming that I have breach the agreement of non solicitation because I am working with one of my ex employer's client on freelance basis

Offline pkisler

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 07:34:53 AM »
Nobody here to reply me on my issue?

Offline advarjun

• Sr. Legal Expert
  • Advocate Arjun India's Finest legal expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 09:42:31 PM »
Your employer is trying to extort money from you, he does not have a case at all.

elance.com is for everybody anyone can take up work from there.

his legal notice itself is illegal.

which city are you based in.

give the content of the legal notice here to get a better understanding
Advocate Arjun India's Finest legal expert

Offline pkisler

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 11:10:21 PM »
I am from Cochin, Kerala

Below is the content from the legal notice..

As laid down in the Appointment Offer and the Employment Confidential Information Agreement you had agreed that for a period of 18 months immediately following the termination of your relationship with my client, you shall not interfere with my client's contracts and relationships including customer contracts. You have also agreed to comply with all the continuing obligations including obligations of confidentiality, non- disclosure and non -competition. You also undertook that you will not constitute any breach of provisions laid in any agreement or understanding to which you are a party.

conditions laid down in the Appointment Offer and Employment Confidential Information Agreement, specifically [Cl. 17(b) & (c); CI.13 (b); CI.24 (e); and Cl. 25] of the Appointment Offer and [CI.6] of the Employment Confidential Information Agreement, by interacting with one of the XXXX Limited's clients, le; AAAA, after your termination from XXXX (Pvt.) Limited. I am instructed to state that you have solicited, aided, enticed and induced AAAA in doing business with the company BBBB where you are currently a stakeholder/employee and that you have disclosed confidential information of my client in breach of the Employment Confidential Information Agreement. Your acts and omissions have caused irreparable damage and loss to my client including loosing business from an existing customer viz. AAAA. It is estimated that XXXX Limited has suffered a quantifiable loss of Rs. 15000000 (Rs. One Crore Fifty Lakhs only) due to your breach of the above referred agreement terms. Therefore, you are strictly advised to pay my client the above mentioned amount along with the notice charges of Rs. 2000 within 15 days of receipt of this notice and also refrain from continuing the breach, failing which legal actions including civil and criminal proceedings would be initiated against you, making you liable to pay compensation and costs.

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India