Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: How to Safeguard against a false Dowry/Domestic Violence Case ?  (Read 2501 times)

Offline Chakravarthy

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Hi All,

The issue is with my Elder brother and his wife (both staying in Salem, Tamil Nadu).

My Brother's marriage happened on June 2014 with his own discreation and myself and my mother had no part on it. The marriage happened without taking any dowry. Both my brother and his wife stayed independently in our father's property in salem.

My mother stays in Coimbatore and myself(unmarried) working in Bangalore.

Due to my brother's bad finance management and lavish lifestyle he has pawned most of his wife's jewels and frequent quarrels have rose among them and as result she had moved to her father's house 2 months back.

The Girls family is demanding a huge chunk of our common property to be made to their name, all the jewels to be returned back to them. Failing which they are threatening us that they will put up a dowry case and domestic violence case and include even my Mother and myself into it. We have tried to talk to them and resolve the issue but they are too adamant in their demands.

Myself and mother are never involved in any of my brother's matters and even stay away. We were not involved in anything.

But the girls family are trying to rope in both of us into the issue and use it to their gains. Can anything be done to safeguard  our family my mother / myself if at all they file a false dowry/DV case.

There had been no legal proceeding till now, can anything be done legally to safeguard us.

Kindly guide us in this regard.

Regards,
Chakravarthy

Offline Chakravarthy

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: How to Safeguard against a false Dowry/Domestic Violence Case ?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 02:24:48 AM »
ADDING TO THE ABOVE ISSUE:

There had been a few Physical/Mental complications identified with my brother's wife. As they had hidden it to my brother during the marriage and it had been an issue of discomfort between them.

My brother still wants to live with that girl, and we also respect his decision.

We tried to arrange for a meet and counselling, but the girls family are threatening us that they will file a dowry/DV/harassment case against my entire family if their demands are not met.

Kindly help us in this regard.

Offline saravanan.s

• Veteran at Law
  • legal advisor
    • View Profile
Re: How to Safeguard against a false Dowry/Domestic Violence Case ?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 12:32:54 AM »
to be safe get anticipatory bail for you and your mother so that even if they file a case against you the police cant arrest you and put you behind bars.then hire a good lawyer and fight the case on merits

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India