Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Remarriage  (Read 1215 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline MPS

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
« on: March 21, 2015, 02:55:39 AM »
Need advice:

one of my cousins wants to get remarried. she is indian...her boy friend is sri lankan ...both are studying in belgium and after marriage wants to go back there until they finish study.
she is divorced but it was a forced marriage and therefore it was not a public marriage. the boy had threatened her and got her to sign papers when she was 18. she told me after she signed ... we were too young we dint know law and were scared to ask anyone. after that i spoke to her family and mine and somehow got her out of the situation...

the srilankan guy who wants to marry her now knows everything about it... but both want to keep it from her and his family bcos it is painful past and no body knows about it..not even my other cousins & relatives.


what are the legal requirements for a indian girl to marry sri lankan guy in India?
after marriage in india, will he get to come to india freely...and she to srilanka?
when they are getting married is it necessary to declare that she was divorced.... how can they keep the secret from families
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 03:01:46 AM by Priyad »

Offline saravanan.s

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 310
  • Karma: +23/-1
  • legal advisor
    • View Profile
Re: Remarriage
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 10:19:17 AM »
is she legally divorced?if so was it through annulement of marriage?because when you get to annule your marriage the law says that you revert back to the single status and not divorcee.
she can marry a foreigner under foreign marriage act


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India