Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Harassment and threats from in-laws  (Read 1865 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Shaun

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Harassment and threats from in-laws
« on: March 26, 2015, 11:44:43 AM »

I am married over 2 years. My wife is extremely sentimental and egoistic and tries to express her domination in everyday life, apart from nagging, mocking, ridiculing and threatening    constantly. She gets upset and worked up on any small difference of opinion and blasts me . However if I justify myself or ask her to avoid harsh behavior for mental peace, I am further accused of shouting and coercing her.
The problem gets worse when she complains to her parents and they threaten me of dire consequences on telephone. The situation has become such that any argument in house leads to threats of severe action by father in law and cursing by mother in law. Further in laws pay frequent visits to my house(which is in a different state) to monitor the situation and I am quite uncomfortable with their glaring stares and cold behavior.
This has amounted to tremendous pressure on me and I feel stifled in my own house. I would like to know if I could get action against my in laws or some type of restrain from visiting my house in case matters escalate.

thank you and regards

Offline Advocate M.Bhadra

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 153
  • Karma: +4/-3
  • Sr.Lawyer
    • View Profile
    • law empowerment
Re: Harassment and threats from in-laws
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 08:37:19 PM »
Lodge a complaint to the Police and file a case in Judicial Magistrate Court against the in-laws and you can also file a Suit for Judicial Separation in District Court or Family Court against your wife.

M.Bhadra,advocate at Kolkata,9836589246

Offline advmisthi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 211
  • Karma: +16/-3
  • Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
    • View Profile
Re: Harassment and threats from in-laws
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 06:14:38 AM »
You can also seek help of some woman NGO on this regards before file criminal charges
Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
I am here to help, Shoot your legal problem to me, I promise I will help

Offline Shaun

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Harassment and threats from in-laws
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 12:29:03 PM »

thank you for the suggestion. So I can file a criminal  case in Judicial Court against in-laws. At present I do not intend to petition separation from wife as she is trying to convince me that she will stop her aggressive behavior.

with regards to police complaint is it a non cognizable complaint, and can it be filed in my state Maharashtra which is not my in-laws native state.

thanks and Regards


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India