Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: who are the legal heirs of dad's property  (Read 1592 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline skbora

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
who are the legal heirs of dad's property
« on: March 30, 2015, 10:30:53 PM »
Distinguished Advocates,
kindly go through my question:
I had a sister who died in 2002. She left behind a son who is 30 years old now. My father died intestate in 2009, followed by my mother in 2013. Who are the legal heirs to my father's property?

Offline advkartik

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 178
  • Karma: +4/-0
  • I this is advocate kartik, ask me your law query
    • View Profile
Re: who are the legal heirs of dad's property
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 10:36:45 PM »
If you are a Hindu than since your sister expired before your parents, she did not inherit any share hence no succession opened in her favour.

After your father's death, your mother, you and your nephew were heirs to equal shares in his property.

 Now your mother's share will be divided equally between you and your nephew.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:39:59 PM by advkartik »

Offline saravanan.s

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 310
  • Karma: +23/-1
  • legal advisor
    • View Profile
Re: who are the legal heirs of dad's property
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 08:21:38 AM »
since your father died intestate your mother,nephew and yourself would get 1/3 rd share each.after your mother expired her share will also be devolving on you and your you both will get 1/2 each from your mothers share

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India