Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Alimony queries  (Read 1979 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline newbee01

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 15
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Alimony queries
« on: April 02, 2015, 02:34:29 AM »
Hello All,

My wife is money minded and a greedy woman who married to me for fulfilling her desires and exploiting on my hard earned income. I am applying for divorce due to various causes but she is currently pregnant and has made some indirect indications that she is willing to claim a huge sum of  alimony on separation. Two points to note:-

1)I have some salary deposits in savings bank which she is eyeing on.
2)My parents have a house which is currently in name of my dad and she is eyeing on it too.

She says that based on sympathy(of child she gonna deliver) and woman oriented laws she will misuse and ask for a huge amount of sum from me so that she can spend her rest of life in luxury.


a) How can I restrict her from getting alimony or just a small amount of money as maintenance? As in her case she is more qualified than me and has done extra courses after her graduation? She has work experience too for around 2 yrs  so can I put these points to reduce her alimony amount to a mere sum of money?She has potential to work and earn  her own living as she had worked before too and  due to marriage and pregnancy, she had a break of 1.5 yrs of work.

b) As she and her parents are hungry about money and property and are eyeing on us, how can I save her from claiming 50% of my parental property which in my case is a complete earning of my dad's hard earned money? Please suggest as it is sad if she succeeds in her wrong motives.

Offline saravanan.s

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 310
  • Karma: +23/-1
  • legal advisor
    • View Profile
Re: Alimony queries
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 09:43:23 AM »
1.only working woman are not entitled for maintenance other than that even highly qualified woman who is presently not working is entitled for maintenance. if situation changes (i.e)if she starts to work after divorce decree is awarded then you can file a modification petition in the court to alter the maintenance amount accordingly.
2.she cant lay any claim on your self aquired, ancestral nor your fathers self aquired property.only if you both are coowners for some property then she can ask for a share in it

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India