I have a serious query. JATs were granted reservation under OBC quota by UPA government in March 2014. Someone filed a case against this decision in Supreme Court. On Apr 9, 2014 , SC gave the interim order that reservation will be applicable to Jats only if final decision is in their favour. On Mar 17, 2015 SC quashed the reservation for Jats in OBC quota.
On Mar 31, 2015 SC gave one more verdict in PG admission case for Doctors. Doctors told that since they had filled the forms as OBCs and at the time of Notification JATs were OBCs, So they should be allowed to take the benefit of OBC reservation in final counselling. But SC gave the decision that since SC had already given interim orders on Apr 9,2014, so these jat doctors should be considered as general.
Now comes the real question
IBPS is a recruiting body for 19 Public Sector Banks which conducts Written and Interview exams. They ask for preferences of Banks during application form filling. They had conducted Written Exam for all the banks in October and announced the results in November 2014 and then they conducted Interview in January 2015. All this while Jats were considered OBC. They announced final results on April1, 2015 and alloted banks to the successfull candidates.
Cut off for final selection for
General -49.6 out of 100
OBC- 45.2 out of 100
They follow the following procedure for selection.
1) They calculate respective marks out of hundered for each candidate.
2) Then they make a list of candidates in descending order of their marks.
3) Then they allot individual banks to each of the candidates.
Now the problem is that
For Example If an JAT OBC candidate got 50 marks which is more than the cut off for general's 49.6. But If his first choice is PNB Bank which is much coveted Bank, then he will get PNB Bank seat in OBC category as General seats has already been taken by higher scorers. But another JAT candidate who got 49.8, which are still greater than the general cut off but his first choice is Vijaya Bank which is less coveted bank by the candidates so he got it under Unreserved category
1) Since there are so many disparities which will come up if Jat candidates are considered general, So How will SC ruling be implemented by Banks ?
2) Is there a possibilty that SC wil allow JAT candidates to join Banks under OBC category?
3) What is the solution to this issue as it involves future of so many innocent candidates ?
Please answer this question as I am one of the JAT candidate who got seat in OBC bank under Unreserved category but filled form as an OBC category candidate. I am going through unnecessary harassment for last 1 month and there many others like me.