Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Owner is not returning my Deposit of Rs 50,000 . The owner herself is a lwayer  (Read 1045 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline revanth

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Hi All,

I would need help on what action should I take to get back my deposit from previous landlord/owner in India as I have moved to UK. She is not responding to any of my calls and messages. She herself is an advocate. I have heard that she is kind of of those big bully

I have stayed in the apartment from June 2013 to Sept 2014. I had a notary rental agreement with owner for a period of 1 year of paying 15,000 as rent and deposit of Rs 50,000.

As in the agreement ended in May 2014 , she had increased the rent to to 17,000 which I paid from June 2014 to sept 2014 . I had informed the owner  in July 2014 that I would be leaving the house in September 2 months in advance . She agreed to it and said that she would transfer my deposit after September. Its been almost 7 months now and she has not yet returned my deposit and is ignoring all my calls and messages. Initially she was saying she would return me when a new tenant comes in, but I have not heard a word from her again. If she picks up a calls she says if I call again she will block my calls and asks me to go legally.

As she knows that I have moved out of the country now , she is taking advantage of my situation and not returning deposit. As I have moved out of the country it is very tough for me to reach her.

Iím not sure if I should make a police complaint online ?
Should I send a legal notice (Iím not aware of how can I send it from outside India) ?
Also I have read that this legal things takes lot of years and an advocate would  end up charging me more than what I would get back in my deposit?

There was broker involved in my renting agreement and if he calls her up , she bashes him on the phone and he is afraid to speak to her.

Flat no 17 , Heremes Heritage , Phase 2 ,
Kalyani nagar ,

I have the notary agreement which even has police verifications which were done.
Also all my transactions with her were done online , so I can get proofs from Bank.

This is very unfortunate that people who are advocates are misusing their study in this way. If such educated people behave in this manner , our country will go  now where.
It would be helpful if some one could guide me , I really do not want to leave this. Today its me , next some one else will suffering the torture I am going through.


Offline advswagata

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 170
  • Karma: +7/-1
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
You need to send a legal notice first, than initiate a money recovery suit


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India