Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Owner is not returning my Deposit of Rs 50,000 . The owner herself is a lwayer  (Read 608 times)

Offline revanth

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Hi All,

I would need help on what action should I take to get back my deposit from previous landlord/owner in India as I have moved to UK. She is not responding to any of my calls and messages. She herself is an advocate. I have heard that she is kind of of those big bully

I have stayed in the apartment from June 2013 to Sept 2014. I had a notary rental agreement with owner for a period of 1 year of paying 15,000 as rent and deposit of Rs 50,000.

As in the agreement ended in May 2014 , she had increased the rent to to 17,000 which I paid from June 2014 to sept 2014 . I had informed the owner  in July 2014 that I would be leaving the house in September 2 months in advance . She agreed to it and said that she would transfer my deposit after September. Its been almost 7 months now and she has not yet returned my deposit and is ignoring all my calls and messages. Initially she was saying she would return me when a new tenant comes in, but I have not heard a word from her again. If she picks up a calls she says if I call again she will block my calls and asks me to go legally.

As she knows that I have moved out of the country now , she is taking advantage of my situation and not returning deposit. As I have moved out of the country it is very tough for me to reach her.

Iím not sure if I should make a police complaint online ?
Should I send a legal notice (Iím not aware of how can I send it from outside India) ?
Also I have read that this legal things takes lot of years and an advocate would  end up charging me more than what I would get back in my deposit?

There was broker involved in my renting agreement and if he calls her up , she bashes him on the phone and he is afraid to speak to her.

Address
Flat no 17 , Heremes Heritage , Phase 2 ,
Kalyani nagar ,
Pune

I have the notary agreement which even has police verifications which were done.
Also all my transactions with her were done online , so I can get proofs from Bank.

This is very unfortunate that people who are advocates are misusing their study in this way. If such educated people behave in this manner , our country will go  now where.
It would be helpful if some one could guide me , I really do not want to leave this. Today its me , next some one else will suffering the torture I am going through.

Regards
Revanth

Offline advswagata

• Sr. Legal Expert
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
You need to send a legal notice first, than initiate a money recovery suit

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India