I'm a 21 year old female (I have a 24 year old brother too), my family lives in a joint family where certain disputes over partition are arising. My grandfather has 4 children (all male). My dad is one of his 4 sons.
My grandfather has this "will" made by him which he doesn't want to show to anyone before he dies. A little about my grandfather and his history-
1) My grandfather bought a property by selling the old property of my great-grandfather, after my great grandfather died (the father of my grandfather). Since 1999 we have been living with my dad's brothers in that house.
2) We have been living in that property since 1999 with our grandparents. By "we", I mean all my dad's brothers excluding just one who lives somewhere else nearby on rent. Rest of the family, 3 brothers with there own wife and kids have been living in the house that was made in 1999.
3) Now, there have been family disputes recently, family issues over silly things, thus everyone is jealous and sick of each other but we still talk, so my grandfather has got this will made which he doesn't show us (I just know about us, I'm not sure if he showed it to one of my dad's brothers).
4) Sometimes, he says in anger that he won't give us anything and then the other moment he says he has made the will "fine". He avoids the use of the word "equal" even on insisting.
5) Once there was a huge fight that happened between my mom dad and my chachu's family. After that day, we came to know about the will my grandfather made and in that will, it was written that he didn't give us anything (He showed this will to one of dad's brothers who lives on rent). Later on he said to us that he made that will in anger and that now there is another will he made.
6) That one brother of my dad who lives on rent also wants his share in the property ofcourse. He is living an amazing life with two three more properties. We are stuck here in a really bad area and we are getting older and older but my grandfather doesn't care about it. He's kind of blackmailing us for our share in the property. So, I want to know certain law information regarding this matter. Question1:
If my grandfather makes a will in which he doesn't give anything to my dad, what are the possible actions we can take? Question2:
Since my grandfather sold his father's property to buy a new land on which this current house is built upon and in which we are living, will that be called his own property and does he have the right to kick us out of this house whenever he wants?Question3:
My grandfather doesn't show us the will he made, according to the law, is it right to see the will? Does my father have the right to see the will? Question4:
What are some important things I need to know about family partition and my grandfather's will? He also says that he will write in his will that we cannot sell this property, what are your opinions about it?
We are literally stuck in this house. If we leave, chances of him not giving us our share will increase.