Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Partition dispute. HELP!  (Read 1400 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline robin

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Partition dispute. HELP!
« on: April 22, 2015, 12:14:01 AM »
Hi :)
I'm a 21 year old female (I have a 24 year old brother too), my family lives in a joint family where certain disputes over partition are arising. My grandfather has 4 children (all male). My dad is one of his 4 sons.
My grandfather has this "will" made by him which he doesn't want to show to anyone before he dies.

A little about my grandfather and his history-

1) My grandfather bought a property by selling the old property of my great-grandfather, after my great grandfather died (the father of my grandfather). Since 1999 we have been living with my dad's brothers in that house.

2) We have been living in that property since 1999 with our grandparents. By "we", I mean all my dad's brothers excluding just one who lives somewhere else nearby on rent. Rest of the family, 3 brothers with there own wife and kids have been living in the house that was made in 1999.

3) Now, there have been family disputes recently, family issues over silly things, thus everyone is jealous and sick of each other but we still talk, so my grandfather has got this will made which he doesn't show us (I just know about us, I'm not sure if he showed it to one of my dad's brothers).

4) Sometimes, he says in anger that he won't give us anything and then the other moment he says he has made the will "fine". He avoids the use of the word "equal" even on insisting.

5) Once there was a huge fight that happened between my mom dad and my chachu's family. After that day, we came to know about the will my grandfather made and in that will, it was written that he didn't give us anything (He showed this will to one of dad's brothers who lives on rent). Later on he said to us that he made that will in anger and that now there is another will he made.

6) That one brother of my dad who lives on rent also wants his share in the property ofcourse. He is living an amazing life with two three more properties. We are stuck here in a really bad area and we are getting older and older but my grandfather doesn't care about it. He's kind of blackmailing us for our share in the property. 

So, I want to know certain law information regarding this matter.
Question1: If my grandfather makes a will in which he doesn't give anything to my dad, what are the possible actions we can take?

Question2: Since my grandfather sold his father's property to buy a new land on which this current house is built upon and in which we are living, will that be called his own property and does he have the right to kick us out of this house whenever he wants?

Question3: My grandfather doesn't show us the will he made, according to the law, is it right to see the will? Does my father have the right to see the will?

Question4: What are some important things I need to know about family partition and my grandfather's will? He also says that he will write in his will that we cannot sell this property, what are your opinions about it?

We are literally stuck in this house. If we leave, chances of him not giving us our share will increase. 
Please help
Thank you   :)

Offline robin

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Partition dispute. HELP!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 12:33:39 AM »
I forgot to mention, all brothers have partitioned internally, like we pay our own electricity and water bills (for the amount me, my brother, mom and dad use). Same way all my dad's brothers have their own meters installed and pay their own bills. But still not the real holders of the part we and they are living in. 

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Partition dispute. HELP!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 12:33:39 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India