Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Recovery of amount given to friend  (Read 1858 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Ashishagl

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Recovery of amount given to friend
« on: April 22, 2015, 01:04:35 AM »

I gave INR 50,000/- to one of my friends about 4 & 1/2 years back. While taking this loan he promised to return back entire amount within 3-4 months. After chasing for almost a year or so for returning the amount, I learnt from that friend that he actually gave that amount to his younger brother (without my consent or even any info to me) and now i need to chase with his brother for recovering the amount.

His brother, who was unable to return the amount agreed for paying 2% monthly interest on the amount. Till Dec 2013, he paid interest regularly. However, since Jan 14 he neither paying interest nor refunding principal amount. After chasing very hard, in Jan 15, he (my friend's brother) handed over 3 undated cheques - one for INR 50,000/- towards principal, and 2 cheques for INR 10,000/- each towards balance interest. He told me that within a month or two he will arrange for funds and take back those cheques.

It's now 4 months am still waiting for recovering the amounts. My queries are:-
1) should i deposit the principal amount cheque and once bounced, file an FIR?
2) should i send the notice through a lawyer before depositing a cheque?
3) can i register FIR complaint against both - my friend and his brother?

Thanks in advance for your efforts in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashish Agl

Offline saravanan.s

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 310
  • Karma: +23/-1
  • legal advisor
    • View Profile
Re: Recovery of amount given to friend
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 03:42:50 AM »
have you made any loan agreement or did he sign any promissory note while recieving money.if not i doubt that you cant file 138nia cheque bounce on him.for that requires you to show that the cheques have been issued over some legal liability by your friend.

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Recovery of amount given to friend
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 03:42:50 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India